MenLiving has grown quite a bit in its offerings in the last few years. We began as a group of men coming to my living room once a month to have an authentic discussion and has evolved into an International Men’s Organization reaching thousands of people. A sample of our offerings include weekly “full-house” meetings, monthly workshops, support group for men going through separation form their partner, “small batches”, Speaker Series open to all genders, annual weekend gets-aways, and much more.
For this blog entry- I’d like to focus on two of my closest friends Shaun Emerson and Chris Lozier. Shaun and Chris have been interviewing some really interesting people on MenLiving’s podcast titled “If You’ve Come This Far” (which is a line from the epic movie Shawshank Redemption) and have many more planned. Their aim is simple… to have authentic conversations with interesting people about what they do to make life more fulfilling and impactful and try to learn something along the way.
Below is a list of their guests along with the links so you can listen for yourself. I hope you choose to listen, subscribe, and possibly share with a friend or two.
- Episode 1- Todd Adams discussing men’s work, conscious leadership, and parenting
- Episode 2- Mike Rosen discussing raising three sons, “Rim to Rim” Grand Canyon running, and divorce
- Episode 3- Frank Naugo discussing fatherhood, connecting with nature, self-awareness, and Wim Hoff breathing
- Episode 4- Boston Globe reporter and author of We Need To Hang Out Billy Baker discussing male friendships and attending the New Kids on the Block Cruise
- Episode 5- Alexa James CEO of NAMI (National Alliance of Mental Illness) Chicago discussing Chicago Police Dept, mental wellness, psychedelics, and Alexa’s babysitting needs ????
- Episode 6- Wes Becton CEO and co-founder of George Washington Street Partners discussing his experience in the military, his father General Becton, race relations, golf, and more
- Episode 7- Ryan Bayron discussing energy healing, his TikTok channel of 284K fans , and parenting.
Many more podcasts in the queue. We hope you take advantage and listen to these engaging conversations.